September 12, 2008

What I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks...

I love Fall - it always seems that I'm trying to fit 100 things in the few short months of Fall. There is absolutely nothing better than a crisp breezy fall day. When I think of fall I always go back to my Samford University days - skipping class and lounging on the quad with a view of a huge ridge full of color - the leaves were amazing! Also there was this one very special tree on the quad that had bright yellow leaves - ever made a snow angel in yellow leaves? I have!! I'm also gearing up for fall clothes - a light jacket, long sleeve shirt, and jeans. Love It!!

So I have lots of exciting things coming up...

In exactly two weeks Todd and I are leaving for his 40th birthday trip! Yep that's right I'm about to be married to a 40 year old - but please keep in mind I'm the much younger woman. We are going to Scottsdale Arizona to a golf and spa resort called The Boulders. Todd will play golf and I will be receiving a much needed massage. I'm so glad he decided to turn 40 this year because we both need this time away. No distractions - Just me and my husband!! Amazing!!

Then when we return from Arizona I will be running in The Race for the Cure. I guess I've been training for about 4 weeks now - I know I should be able to run 3 miles but I can't! I've been working out a lot over the last six months or so but it has been mostly interval training and strength training. So now I'm making the adjustment to running - never been my thing but it has always been a goal of mine to run in a race. It may be more like run/walk in a race but I'll finish!! Anybody want to join me - October 11th??

Also this fall I want to go camping, go back to the beach, and my 10 year Samford Reunion is in October. Lots to do and I'm looking forward to them all!!

1 comment:

Jackie Fogas said...

Bummer...I just lost a lengthy response! Basically, so glad you're getting some time away...and in a beautiful spot. Arizona is lovely (of course beautiful in my translation includes sunny and warm. Good for you for running in the race! Did you not run it in college?? I thought we ran together. I used to sign up to run to get the exercise but mainly to get out of having to work at the race all morning! Our plan is to be in bham at reunion time...Michael's fall break is that thurs (our anniversary) and friday. Then his bday is Saturday. It's a busy week of celebration in our household as Gabriella will have just celebrated her first bday on the 19th! Do you have info about the 10-year reunion festivities??