September 15, 2009

Life...




Lately it seems like all my days run together - one big blur for the last seven weeks! I love having my baby boy and my newborn doesn't look like a newborn much anymore... he's weighing in at 14.1 pounds!! So much for the 0-3 month clothes. Sydney Kate has been busy as well... she started K-4 and is going 4 days a week (only half days)... she shaved her legs for the first time (not very well evidenced by the 10 bandaides running down her leg... and on a daily basis she begs for us to buy her a puppy (which is not happening by the way!). So on top of all that fun I'm also getting back to work - which I'm pretty sure I never took a maternity leave from - but I'm offically getting back now. We've been in a building project all summer and it is almost complete - so we are going from being able to help 4 families to helping 8 families. My work life is about to be so very busy! Not sure how to balance life as a mom of a newborn and social worker of a big new program. If I talk about it too much I get a little stressed with how much needs to be done and how much hasn't been done. That's okay I'm a master at avoidance - I think I'll use my skills in this area to pretend like everything is perfect.

Well here's to Fall 09 - praying I get sleep sometime in the near future - hoping all my work gets done - praying my kids get a patient loving mom and Todd gets a more encouraging wife - and one last prayer...I would love to have a weekend away to hear the whisper of stillness! A girl can always dream...

Here's a few picture from our beach trip on Labor day with Nana and Grandad and cousin Paige!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

If anyone can do all the above, it's you my sweet friend!! Hang in there : ) And by the way, Eli totally has his mama's eyes...I love it!!!

brooke said...

i was going to say the same thing. Eli totally has your eyes!

Courtney said...

I'm way behind reading my blogs these days - reader is currently out of control - so just got this today. The children are precious and you hang in there.