December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas was great this year - we rested. I'm quite sure that is the theme for our Christmas 2010. Our family has been sick pretty much 6 weeks straight - not all at once but at least one child which almost always past to an adult. So once the Christmas season rolled around this mommy thought she was going crazy. I was so tired of seeing the four walls of this house - tired of only having conversations with little people - tired of being tired. You get the picture. But finally as Christmas week rolled around we were mostly all feeling good. We had no where to be and no entertaining to do - maybe that's depressing for some people but it was like a breath of fresh air for this family. To top everything off we woke up Christmas morning to snow falling - that just doesn't happen in Alabama!! I guess snow isn't the best to have when your daughter gets a bike for Christmas but my daughter didn't let a little snow get in her way of riding her new bike! Eli was very unaware of what was going on but as Todd said he seemed really excited to wake up and find that his living room was suddenly a toy store. Sydney Kate was totally into Christmas this year - we did the "Elf on the Shelf" thing... as a side note I'm not 100% sold on this new elf watching you thing. I didn't take it too seriously but my daughter sure did - at least she cleaned her room a lot more because the elf was watching. I could go into an Elf theological debate post but I'll save it for a much later (and probably never) post. So Christmas was great - I loved our family time - we enjoyed being together. I always leave this season with a sense of thankfulness - thankful for my children/husband - thankful for the many blessings that we have - and thankful I'm entering another year and hopeful this coming year will be much better than the last.



1 comment:

Kristin said...

i've missed you. sorry about all the sick but glad you're all better & hope to see you soon.
also, we did the elf and i had some of the same issues - i tried to re-direct to the silly mischievous elf rather than "you good or bad", but i'm right there with you. problem is that even if we're not 100% sold on the elf, i think our kids are!!