August 8, 2008

Alive and mostly well...

I'm glad Thursday is over - I'm not a big fan of hospitals. To me they are cold and smell funny. Plus "the plan" for my Thursday was not be in the hospital. I was suppose to be visiting my best friend in Atlanta. We were suppose to be hanging pictures in her new house and possibly shopping at one of my favorite stores. Simple things I guess but as I laid in the hospital waiting for the surgery I found myself asking the Lord - Why am I here again? What in the world are you doing here Jesus? Logical questions right.

My doctor comes in the room and acknowledges the fact that one year ago (plus two weeks) I was in the hospital for this very same reason. We both agree to try to arrange my next pregnancy around the month of August. And she agrees to give me drugs and warns me about the next few weeks of major hormone issues. I told her she should better warn Todd - he may want to take a vacation and come back in September.

So we had another little girl - we are 3 for 3. I must be destined to be a girl mom. Sydney Kate has been telling me from the beginning of this pregnancy that it was a little girl. I guess I should learn to listen to 3 year old wisdom. She wanted to name her sister Susie. I'm not fond of the name myself but Sydney Kate would not back down. Granted if Susie did make her way into this world I'm quite sure her name would not have been Susie. But in light of the situation I see no reason to change her name - I'll let my 3 year old have this one.
Today I am drug free. I feel like I've been sleeping for a week - although it was only 24 hours. This morning I found pleasure in the simple things - a pot of fully caffeinated coffee. Because I have not made any coffee in 3.5 months I didn't have any half & half - which I'd rather not have coffee if I don't have one of the main pleasures. To my delight I found whipped cream instead. Two cups of greatness.

As I made my coffee I noticed a book on my dining room table. I pulled this book out a few weeks ago to pass to a friend who is walking through a separation with her husband - obviously I still haven't gotten it to her. Its called The Healing Path by Dan Allender. I've read it before many years ago but today I began to read it again. A book written about pain we experience in our lives. Here's a quote: " The desert shatters the soul's arrogance and leaves the body and soul crying out in thirst and hunger. In the desert, we trust God or we die."

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. For this is where I pray my heart would rest.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm proud of you for writing sweet friend...I hope it helps some. Thinking and praying for you so much.