May 8, 2009

Tonsil surgery and more...




I'm behind - I'm always behind these days in everything!! My most serious problem today is being behind in cleaning my house - I'm pretty sure we might all get swine flu from my bathroom floors. I use to be such a clean person - what has happened to me? Is it that my personality has changed since becoming a mother? Or am I just tired of cleaning up after everyone in my life? Maybe I should be more servant minded. Yes I would love to be in the mindset of thinking "I'm a stay at home mom so I should serve my husband and my family by cleaning our home." SORRY - its just not happening these days. I still love my husband and my daughter but they need to pick up their own underwear like I pick up mine. Can I get an amen!

Sydney Kate had surgery a week and half ago - had her tonsils removed and ear tubes once again. Poor child couldn't hear a thing - she kept telling me her "ears didn't work" and I kept thinking I was parenting wrong because my child would never do what I told her to do until I said it VERY loudly (some may call this a scream). She did great with surgery and of course was extremely pumped about eating popsicles everyday. The doctor told us to not let her play hard for at least 7 days - well that lasted about 7 hours! Surgery didn't deter her love for all food or for fun all the time. I'll share a few photos of our surgery day and then day three. The first picture is day three - she was so sad she couldn't go to school - so we had a picnic at the park. The second picture is when she came back to us after surgery - the last picture is before she went into surgery.

27 weeks pregnant this week! Just failed my glucose screen and so lucky me I get to go on Monday to take the 3 hours version. If they take away my Raisinetes I will be so sad! Say a little prayer Monday morning that I will pass this time around. I'm still measuring two weeks early - so I'm really thinking this little guy will be here sometime at the end of July. I already feel huge. I will post some pics of my pregnant self in my next post. Also I need to write a post about one of the books I mentioned a few posts ago - can I just say AMAZING and a must read for everyone. And believe it or not its not the Brennan Manning book (although I liked his book too). But more of that later....

2 comments:

brooke jared said...

she looks so sweet:) I am glad she did well! So sorry to hear about the glucose. I remember that 3 hour test very clearly. I (of course) was so sick, I had to go home between EACH blood draw. I wasn't supposed to, but I knew there was no way I would survive it unless I could lay down somewhere. I think about all of that and I wonder how in the world I will ever be able to do that again! I need to start praying now....

Post more pics!!!!

Shanda said...

hey friend. i'm so glad surgery went well. I would be so nervous. hope you are feeling ok. trust me, i know i'm starting to feel the aches and pains. my back, legs, etc. thinking about you often and praying for you. we should chat soon. let me know your schedule. miss you. shan