December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving...




Holidays for everyone can be kind of crazy but I have to say holidays with divorced parents can bring on a whole new kind of craziness. Both Todd and I have divorced parents which means we have 4 sets of parents (that's seven grandparents) to visit on any given holiday. In the beginning of our marriage we visited all the families in one holiday weekend! Talk about tired - we were worn out. So when Sydney Kate came into our lives we decided we just couldn't do it all and decided we could only do two families at a time. This year we spent the Thanksgiving weekend with my mom and dad. We had a great time - and you couldn't get more diversity if you tried! With my mom we braved Black friday in Atlanta and took the girls to the American Girl doll store. Amazingly it wasn't too crowded (God heard my prayers). The girls loved it! We had lunch in the bistro and then the dolls got their hair done in the salon. We finished off the trip with matching t-shirts for the girls and their dolls. Thanks Mom for a great trip! We then headed to my Dad's farm in Boaz, Alabama. The girls got a hay ride around the farm to see all the animals - we went fishing - fed the catfish, chickens, and the ducks. The highlight was ending our day roasting marshmellows and loving on Bubba (Dad's boxer). A great weekend had by all! I am very thankful for my family - it might be crazy to visit so many grandparents but its amazing how loved you feel when you have 7 parents/grandparents to love on you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a great trip! Love the pictures!