July 22, 2009

Entering the final week...


It really feels like I've been pregnant for a very long time. I am so ready to meet Eli and I'm so ready to be able to actually see my toes when standing. Went to the doctor this week and I was 2 centimeters dilated and 30% effaced - if I don't go into labor on my own this week then we will be thinking of inducing next week - possibly Tuesday or Wednesday. I will go to the doctor again on Monday and see if my body is progressing on its own and if so I'll go ahead with the induction - I just don't want to induce if my body isn't on board because I'm not signing up for a 15 hour plus labor if its not medically necessary. For those of you wondering sometimes if you induce without being ready then the drugs could set you up for a very long labor time. So I realized last night that I have taken no pictures of my growing belly - so for the sake of my son and history - I had Todd take a most wonderful picture.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yes, my friend-it is time!! Okay, why didn't we take a picture together so Eli and Harry/Ella could look back on when they were both in their mommy's tummies at the same time? What we were thinking???

Shanda said...

You look great...but I know you are ready. Just enjoy these days because I realized in an instant it's all over. No more kicking on the inside, no more baby on the inside. Thinking of you everyday!